The coffee of 2013, #ElCafeDe2013, took me to one hundred coffee shops around home and in my travels. I’ve been thinking for a few weeks now as to what #ElCafeDe2014 and this year in coffee will bring.
It will bring me to many coffee shops I’m sure, both new ones and return visits to favorites. There are lots of places to explore whether around home, on a day trip or on a long-distance adventure.
I’m not setting a goal to visit x number of coffee shops. In reality I’m sure the number will be way, way less than one-hundred this year. The coffee of 2014 instead will focus on the coffee experience.
During #ElCafeDe2014 I want to:
- Experience many different coffee brewing methods and the resulting java deliciousness.
- Try a variety of lattes, while watching and learning more about latte art.
- Interact with baristas, coffee shops and other coffee lovers more.
- Keep going back to the coffee shops I like to experience everything they have to offer.
- Photograph and write about the coffees I consume and the coffee shops I visit in unique ways.
- Read and comment on blogs, reviews and photos of other coffee lovers on various websites and social media outlets. I especially want to find posts about coffee shops people go to in their travels, both random and planned stops.
- Even try my hand at making coffee at home, outside of the trusty old coffee pot.
- Be surprised. The unknown in terms of coffee shops and experiences that I will have is exciting.
To 2014 and coffee! Gotta go. It’s time to find that next great coffee. I look forward to seeing you out on the open caffeinated road. :)