Happy 2012 everyone! I reflected on 2011 in a previous post and thought to myself, where do I want to go and what are my goals for travels this upcoming year and beyond.
Well without further ado (not including the random day-trips):
- Experience a lot more of what New Zealand has to offer, starting with Wellington and the Fiords (Milford and Doubtful Sound).
- Visit places significant to my family history, local and far.
- Hawaii and the North Shore.
- Wet zorbing.
- Climb the Harbour Bridge in Sydney.
- Visit and snorkel the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
- Australia’s Manly Beach.
- Conquer the “Big Al” on the Fergburger menu in Queenstown, New Zealand.
- Restaurant hopping in Chicago consuming a deep-dish pizza slice at each.
- Bounce from place-to-place in New Zealand trying out iced chocolates and frites and aioli.
- Enjoy a romantic carriage ride in both a small-town and a big city during the holidays.
- Visit and work from every non-chain coffee house in the Detroit and Atlanta areas.
- Explore the home towns, Detroit and Atlanta, in general a lot more in-depth, finding lots of hidden gems.
- Attend a home baseball game of all 30 Major League Baseball teams. At 9 so far. Got work to do.
- Cruise around Great Britain (Scotland, Ireland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland) doing all the touristy things, cruising the countryside and seeing anything and everything historic.
- Have an Irish coffee in a small-town in Ireland on a cool morning day.
- Attend Wimbledon and the British Open.
- Travel the entire length of I-75 (almost accomplished), Route 66, The Road to Nowhere and the Pacific Coast highway (off to a good start).
- Drive from Miami through the Florida Keys to Key West.
- Consume a bowl of New England Clam Chowder from as many locales in Cape Cod as possible as an adult. A favorite childhood memory.
- Take an Alaskan and Caribbean/tropical cruise.
- Capture Pittsburgh at night on a riverboat cruise and from up-top the Duquesne Incline (been there during the day several times).
- Complete all the Great Lake circle tours and checkout every lighthouse along the way.
- Capture pictures of all 50 welcome-to United States state signs. Rats, would be a lot further along on this if took pictures in my younger years haha.
- Get to Machu Picchu in Peru.
- Try a Philly cheese steak in Philadelphia.
- Take a hot air balloon ride in San Francisco, Napa Valley and Sonoma. Winery hop.
- Return to Disneyland, Disney World and get to every theme park in sight.
- Spend part of a holiday season enjoying Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Times Square on NYE and everything else New York City has to offer.
- Attend a Denver Broncos home game (my favorite professional sports team). Been to a lot of road games.
- Not being as specific attend as many food festival and taste fests as possible and…
- Go up-top the tallest buildings in as many big cities as possible to capture the views from above and…
- Visit as many outdoor food markets as possible.
That is my bucket list. I’m sure I will add, remove and hopefully cross-off a few things on the list as time goes on. As always I hope to see everyone out on the open road.
What is at the top of your bucket list for the upcoming year or beyond?