The #ElCafeDe2013 coffee tip of the week has been a great ride over the last two dozen weeks. While I’ve been traveling and bouncing from coffee shop to coffee shop I’ve shared things some obvious, some humorous and some random that I think help make for a more enjoyable coffee experience.
Some of my favorites:
- Sometimes, Go Irish! Not the Notre Dame kind, but the Irish Coffee, whiskey and coffee variety. It’s a great happy hour option and will make you warm on a cold afternoon day. There is no better place to experience one then at Buena Vista Cafe in San Francisco.
- Watch them make it! You’ll have an even greater appreciation for the coffee your drinking like I did at PRESS Coffee Bar in Dayton, Ohio.
- Try to Include Some Conversation By talking with the baristas and others around you, you might learn more about the coffee, the coffee house, the part of the world you are in and maybe even enjoy a few laughs and make a few new friends. Nothing too beats having someone you know alongside for a cup of coffee and some conversation. I love the outings with my Dad! 🙂
- Grab a Coffee Over Water…If you have the chance to do something unique like visiting a coffee shop over water on a cruise ship, please do so. You might regret it later on.
- Above all else, make sure to enjoy the coffee itself!
Every Friday starting next week, for the rest of the year, I will highlight some more of the coffee I’ve had in various, towns, cities and regions, highlighting individual coffee shops all the way. Also, it’s only the end of September so there is more #ElCafeDe2013 fun and exploration to be had.