My brother and I were driving around the Buckhead part of Atlanta in the early evening recently and were looking for a coffee shop to check out. I knew there was an Octane Coffee / Bar in the area, and having been to their Grant Park location on several occasions, knew I could expect a good coffee and experience.
This Octane Coffee location sits on the first floor within the happening Atlanta Tech Village. We could feel the entrepreneurial and tech startup vibes both in- and outside of the brightly lit shop. There were lots of open laptops throughout the first floor and a mixer starting next store, as we walked into Octane right before close.
Being Happy Hour my brother enjoyed one of their cocktail offerings. I of course went the coffee route, going with a basic latte. Just what I came to expect!
Octane was recently bought by southern based coffee roaster and retailer Revelator Coffee. Thus I saw ready to purchase coffee beans from both brands. Think that might be enough to last me a few days.
- This location follows more traditional business hours closing at 5pm or earlier each day.
- Deck parking, which is connected to the village, is available for Octane Coffee customers.
- If Espresso Cola is on the menu, order!
You can find Octane Coffee in the Atlanta Tech Village on Instagram. Likewise for Revelator Coffee. It was a great first experience at this Octane Coffee / Bar location.
What are some of your favorite coffee shops in Atlanta?
Posted in Atlanta, coffee, coffee shop, Georgia
Tagged Atlanta, Atlanta coffee shop, Atlanta Tech Village, Buckhead, coffee, coffee lover, coffee shop, Georgia, indie coffee shop, Octane Coffee, Revelator Coffee
Hello friends and followers! Recently reading some random and fun fact posts from other travel bloggers, I’d thought it would be cool to share some random and fun facts about me. I write mostly about travel and coffee as many of you know, which is highlighted of course some below. The goal though is to also show who I am outside of this blog. Well without further ado.
- I like to cook. Stuffed peppers, Filipino corned beef hash, sweet fried rice, bacon wrapped anything on the grill and no bake cool-whip pumpkin pie are just a few of my favorite things to make.
- My favorite vegetable is the onion. I cry some when cutting them up. It’s because they are so beautiful.
- My favorite ice cream flavor would be cookies and cream (wait not coffee!).
- My favorite drink has varied from time-to-time. Right now I’d say a basic whiskey and coke, preferably made with Canadian Club.
- Ok I’ll admit I enjoy the colorful, fruity, good-looking cocktails you find at bars as well. A pumpkin spiced martini? You bet.
- Growing I was hooked to the Sci-Fi television show, Sliders.
- I listen to a lot of Metallica. Of course that would be prominent on a road trip playlist.
- My favorite color is blue.
- Got to pay the bills right? By day I am in the IT, web development and e-commerce world. When I’m working at the coffee shop, it’s not all photo processing and trip daydreaming. I’m working on WordPress, PHP and solving computer issues.
- I love, love, love coffee even more than I let on. I probably drink too much of it on a daily basis.
- I have a little toddler running around at home who is my favorite person in the whole world, along with the love of my life. I can’t wait to take him on the road with me. The coffee will have to wait haha.
- It’s PC with me not Apple, Samsung Galaxy not the iPhone.
- Before the Internet became a thing I got excited as a kid every week waiting for that next addition of Sports Illustrated to come in the mail.
- I wanted to be weatherman growing up. My favorite TV channel is the Weather Channel which is what you will find on in the morning as I am having my first coffee.
- Favorite place I have been to -> New Zealand. Need I say more?!
- I have one younger brother who experiences New Zealand every day, as he lives there full-time.
- I was extremely shy as a kid. I’ve become more extroverted as an adult. You’ll even find me mingling with sheep.
- My favorite cities are Atlanta (hence the ATL part in my name), San Francisco and Chicago.
- ATL is in the name, but I spend the majority of my time now in Michigan. I return to Atlanta as often as I can.
- I love pizza. I could eat it every day. The more toppings the better!
- My favorite movie(s) is The Back to the Future trilogy.
- I love being on the road, but what makes for a great evening now days is lying low and spending it with my family.
- What’s at the top of the travel bucket list? I’d say Seattle. Why? One publication says they have 1,692 coffee shops. I’d try to explore them all!
- Since I was a kid, the Denver Broncos have been my favorite professional sports team. I grew up idiolizing John Elway and have travelled to see them play in several stadiums.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better.
Whenever I am in town a must visit Atlanta coffee shop is Condesa Coffee in the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood. I highlighted Condesa Coffee in a post years ago having spent time there with my dad. I went there with my brother recently and captured a few more photos I’d like to share.
A Latte and Cortado made from Counter Culture coffee beans, along with an almond croissant were enjoyed by my brother and I on this visit. Delicious as always. He was impressed as we hung out amongst the moden and cozy atmosphere. A little time on the large outside patio was had as well.
Tip: Parking can be tricky. I usually park along John Wesley Dobbs Ave NE which runs alongside.
You can see part of Atlanta’s skyline just outside of Condesa Coffee, which is what I have captured in the past. I took that one step further this time. Before or after you visit this Atlanta indie coffee shop, make sure to walk one block over to one of Atlanta’s most Instagramable places, Jackson Street Bridge. The heart of the Downtown skyline and a scene familiar to Walking Dead fans will be front-and-center.
See you again soon Condesa Coffee. Still need to check out their other location in Downtown. Who knows what fellow coffee lover I’ll take with me next time!
Checkout my previous post on Condesa Coffee: An Atlanta Coffee, Skyline View and More at Condesa.
You can find Condesa Coffee on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
What other Atlanta coffee shops would you recommend checking out?
Posted in Atlanta, coffee, coffee shop, Georgia
Tagged Atlanta, Atlanta coffee shop, coffee, coffee lover, coffee shop, Condesa Coffee, Georgia, indie coffee shop, Old Fourth Ward