Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company in the heart of Midtown Detroit has become my-go coffice (a coffee shop turned office) when in the city. Over the course of time I’ve gravitated towards always ordering their Lavender Latte. During my time there the Lavender Latte has…
…hung out at various desks and tables throughout the coffee shop…
…and been alongside for the ride while working…
…and hung out with its beer friends…
…and rested on a stool…
…and checked out the wintery Midtown and Woodward Avenue…
…and been visited by pastry treats like the chocolate chai bread…
…and hung out on ledges…
…and spent a lot of time hanging out at the bar…
…and basically parked itself where ever a scenic coffee shop view presented itself.
To the Lavender Latte, Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company and Midtown Detroit! Well got to go. Have to go find out where the latte will be hanging out next! 🙂
Posted in coffee, coffee shop, coffeehouse, Detroit, Michigan
Tagged coffee, coffee shop, coffeehouse, Detroit, latte, lavender latte, Michigan
On this early Saturday morning I started hanging out in Astro Coffee in Detroit right after it opened its doors. Quite empty.
Barely a few minutes later all the seats were taken and there was a line out the door at this Corktown neighborhood hot spot. So great to see’
The latte was enjoying the morning at the counter…
…and on a stool waiting for what’s about to happen.
What’s about to happen is lots of people enjoying the neighborhood, conversation, atmosphere, treats and service that Astro Coffee provides. Oh yeah and delicious, hand-crafted lattes and other coffee drinks.
Checkout #ElCafeDe2013 Coffee tip of the week: Choose Your Clothes Wisely for more of the great times I’ve had at Astro Coffee. Back to the latte drinking and people watching!
It’s another bitter cold morning in the winter most of us in the eastern half of the United States will never forget. It’s -10 degrees Fahrenheit without the wind in Howell, Michigan as I approached Uptown Coffeehouse.
I exchanged the Polar Vortex for a Nutella Latte by the fire. I’d say “that’s a great trade-off” as I’m typing this. 🙂
Warm wishes to everyone effected by the snow and cold this season.
The coffee of 2013, #ElCafeDe2013, took me to one hundred coffee shops around home and in my travels. I’ve been thinking for a few weeks now as to what #ElCafeDe2014 and this year in coffee will bring.
It will bring me to many coffee shops I’m sure, both new ones and return visits to favorites. There are lots of places to explore whether around home, on a day trip or on a long-distance adventure.
Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company, Detroit, Michigan
I’m not setting a goal to visit x number of coffee shops. In reality I’m sure the number will be way, way less than one-hundred this year. The coffee of 2014 instead will focus on the coffee experience.
During #ElCafeDe2014 I want to:
- Experience many different coffee brewing methods and the resulting java deliciousness.
- Try a variety of lattes, while watching and learning more about latte art.
- Interact with baristas, coffee shops and other coffee lovers more.
- Keep going back to the coffee shops I like to experience everything they have to offer.
- Photograph and write about the coffees I consume and the coffee shops I visit in unique ways.
- Read and comment on blogs, reviews and photos of other coffee lovers on various websites and social media outlets. I especially want to find posts about coffee shops people go to in their travels, both random and planned stops.
- Even try my hand at making coffee at home, outside of the trusty old coffee pot.
- Be surprised. The unknown in terms of coffee shops and experiences that I will have is exciting.
Vanilla Maple Latte, Glassbox Coffee & Juice, Ann Arbor, Michigan
To 2014 and coffee! Gotta go. It’s time to find that next great coffee. I look forward to seeing you out on the open caffeinated road. 🙂